Products Detail
Item Code Specifications Price (RM)
ST0002-40 48 H x 50 L x 18 W (CM) 0.00


The VICTORY was a five-deck, three-masted ship of the line. She was a first-class vessel with three gun decks, 104 cannons and a crew of 850. The ship was designed by Sir Thomas Slade and built between 1759 and May 1765 at Chatham Shipyard. The launching took place on 7th May 1765, after which she laid at anchor in the Medway for thirteen years without being put to any particular use. Her Majesty’s Ship Victory is the only surviving naval warship that represents the skill of naval dockyard shipwrights, ship designers and the industrial ability of Britain during the mid 18th century. More than this the Victory is equally a classic example of warship construction techniques used by all maritime powers of that period including Denmark, France, Holland and Spain, also the lesser naval powers of Russia, Naples, Sweden and Turkey. Besides her historic role serving as Admiral Lord Nelson’s flagship at the battle of Trafalgar, the Victory stands in the line of technical advances made between the 16th century Tudor warship Mary Rose, the Victorian built iron warship Warrior of the mid 19th century and the steel built monitor M33 of the early 20 century. Simply just a maneuverable floating weapons platform, the Victory is likewise historically comparable with the modern naval warships of the 21st century.