Products Detail
Item Code Specifications Price (RM)
ST0004-80 80CM 0.00

HISTORY

The NORSKE LOVE (Norwegian Lion) was built in 1765 by the Nyholm shipyard, close to Copenhagen. The ship was named after the Norwegian Lion and the Danish-Norwegian Imperial Coat of Arms. There was a normal crew of 667 men and an armament of 70 cannons of iron with 26 cannons 24 pd. on the lower deck, 26 cannons 18 pd. on the middle deck and 18 cannons 8 pd. on the upper deck. The Norske Love was used as a guard ship in Oeresund and other Danish waters. In 1795, after having been stripped into a block ship, she was used to give shelter for homeless families after the fire in Copenhagen that same year. In 1798 she was deleted from the naval register