Products Detail
Item Code Specifications Price (RM)
ST0008-80 0.00

HISTORY

The Wasa was commissioned in the 17th century, by the King of Sweden to be his country’s finest warship. During construction, he insisted that the ship be fitted with a second row of cannon in both sides. The shipbuilder "Henrik Hybertsson" knew that this would make the ship top heavy, but he dared not argue with the King. The Wasa sunk 20 minutes after her launch in 1628. She was raised on April 24 1961 after 333 years on the sea bottom and completely restored, she now rest in the Stockholm Naval Museum.